Tuesday 29 September 2009

"But I can't understand why you're still single?"....!

Does anyone else hear this question from friends, relatives and sometimes people you just meet?
The polite response is to giggle, over thank them and then jokingly laugh " I just don't know!"

And in truth ..........I honestly don't know!

Don't get me wrong I have niggling habits that annoy me let alone someone else (!) and I don't look like Heidi Klum but some days when you catch yourself realising that 90% + of your friends are married (or almost) and may also have kids as well.................you can start the downward spirl of thought...!

But on the flip side, I am a nice peson, I'd like to think I'm not too offensive on the eye and consider myself a good friend amongst other good qualities. Plus I have had boyfriends before (and sometimes I worry that I peaked in my early 20s!) so I can't be that terrible!
However as much fun as dating is I am also not interested in wasting my time on people who don't deserve me.

So why am I single?.............because on a good day (like today is) I choose to be!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I hear that quite a lot... but you know my feelings on being single! I was in a relationship for 8 years - pretty much a third of my whole life (in fact, my entire adult life) - and now that I am single, well, I'm kinda loving it! I like the freedom. I have nights - like last night - when I wish I had someone to cuddle up to, and weddings are always a pain without a plus one - but then I think about how much I'm enjoying my space right now and I figure it's a trade off. I'm not saying I want to stay single forever, and if I met someone who took my breath away tomorrow then fine, but in the mean time... well, it's not so bad! :)

    ReplyDelete